Animals that are eaten alive
Shocking! Some people think that eating animals is one of the worst things to do. But these dishes are really horrible. These animals are eaten alive! We wonder why people do this and if it actually tastes better. It looks pretty horrible and in some cases you could call this animal abuse. Although we do have to consider that we eat oyster too, sometimes... Apparently they are also still alive. Look and shiver:
Sannakji How is a dish from Korea. A living octopus is cut into pieces and then sprinkled with sesame seeds and oil. You have to chew carefully because the moving tentacles can get stuck in your throat.
Ikizukuri is a Japanese dish. In the restaurant you pick a fish from the tank and it will bee served in minutes. The fish is felted but still alive, you then have to eat the still living organs.
Drunken Shrimp is a popular dish in China. The shrimps are immersed in the strong alcoholic drink “Baiju” and then eaten.
Odori Ebi is the Japanese version of the drunken shrimp. These baby shrimps are immersed in sake and called dancing shrimps.
Casu Marzu is a cheese that has matured for such a long time that it is filled with maggots. The cheese should been eaten with the living maggots in it. This is not without danger, sometimes the maggots survive in your stomach. The cheese is illegal in most countries but is available in Sardinia.
Oysters are perhaps the animals that are eaten alive most often. We know it as an aphrodisiac.
Sea urchins are very popular in Italy. They are dived up from the sea and cut open. They have to be eaten immediately.
The Ying Yang Fish is also know als the “dead-and-alive fish” and is mostly eaten in China. The body of the fish is fried, but the head not. On your plate the head will still move around.
A salad with living ants is served in one of the best restaurants of the world: Noma in Copenhagen. The ants are cooled so they will move very slowly on your plate. They taste like lemon.
- De iconische Audrey Hepburn look maak je zo
- Baby monkeys that are to cute and adorable
- Cat refuses to walk with a leash like a dog
- Puppy bulldog tries to howl
- Weird joke: boy takes clothes of girls off by sneezing
- After almost losing his son, father makes awesome photos of him
- Bizarre behaviour in airplanes
- Useless things only filthy rich people buy
- Beautiful: must see winter wonderland
- Puppy plays with scary pumpkin
- Finding Your Ideal Self Image
- Dying man comes to life seeing his own dog
- Cats who really hate us
- Recipe for a glorious pizzacake
- Genious messages from parents who don't understand texting
- Dog who got stuck in tar is saved – he couldn’t move
- He is so excited: dog Walter may swim
- Stuff you do not need but really want
- Horrorjoke – Giant spider scares people
- Blind sisters can see for the first time
- The worst Facebook fails
- Animals that ruin your day
- People who look exactly like cartoon characters
- Two little girls tell their own version of Tangled
- Man transforms house for his cats
- Animals and nature beautifully captured by Rachel Walker
- Wisdom about ovulation
- Amazing love stories (part I)
- Amazing love stories (part II)
- The highest heels ever made
- Nailed it!
- Things cat owners do understand
- Celebs With Famous Doppelgangers
- Pets fighting your furniture
- Gaga and R.Kelly doing it wrong
- Puppy on adventure
- Serious quotes & how to make them ridiculous
- Most extreme wasp waist in the world
- Cookiemonster cupcakes
- Boy Tattoos McDonalds receipt on his arm
- 10 Tips for your beachy summer
- Painfully Funny Autocorrect Mistakes
- Fattest Woman in the World
- True Cat Love
- 10x veggies with almost no calories