Our favorite superfruit? Pomegranate. It's high on antioxidants - to be exact three times the amount of antioxidants found in green tea and red wine. Antioxidants are good for you, as they fight free radicals. Pomegranate has other goods too and is said to help prevent diseases like Alzheimer’s disease, several types of cancer (especially prostate and breast cancer) and premature aging. The best part is that recent studies proclaim that eating pomegranates can increase libido (in both men and women)!
The pomegranate has no fat, low sugar and little calories and offers 5 grams of fiber and 15 percent of the recommended daily allowance of vitamin C. Furthermore it contains vitamins B5, B9 and K, potassium and zinc.
Tips to incorporatie pomegranata into your diet:
- Drink pomegranate juice. The juice also tastes great in certain cocktails, so start shaking!
- Sprinkle some pomegranate seeds on a nice green salad or a fruit salad for a great taste. But the seeds are also great in a rice, quinoa or couscous salad.
Find more tips on our partner website Shortlist-id.
- Things cat owners do understand
- Unexpected Friends
- Only curvy models for Dita von Teese
- Lady Gaga for Versace - without photoshop this time
- Jennifer Lopez Busted with Spanx Underwear
- Shazam your Clothes
- Growing food