Our favorite superfruit? Pomegranate. It's high on antioxidants - to be exact three times the amount of antioxidants found in green tea and red wine. Antioxidants are good for you, as they fight free radicals. Pomegranate has other goods too and is said to help prevent diseases like Alzheimer’s disease, several types of cancer (especially prostate and breast cancer) and premature aging. The best part is that recent studies proclaim that eating pomegranates can increase libido (in both men and women)!
The pomegranate has no fat, low sugar and little calories and offers 5 grams of fiber and 15 percent of the recommended daily allowance of vitamin C. Furthermore it contains vitamins B5, B9 and K, potassium and zinc.
Tips to incorporatie pomegranata into your diet:
- Drink pomegranate juice. The juice also tastes great in certain cocktails, so start shaking!
- Sprinkle some pomegranate seeds on a nice green salad or a fruit salad for a great taste. But the seeds are also great in a rice, quinoa or couscous salad.
Find more tips on our partner website Shortlist-id.
- Number one reason of divorce
- Gross: breast milk lollipops
- The scientific reason why men love big butts
- Hitting on men? You should drink first!
- How to quit smoking for real
- Ten signs he’s cheating on you
- The secret of living a long life
- Things men do when they are alone
- Victoria's Secret models without makeup
- 10 facts about kissing
- Unexpected things that turn men on
- The weirdest jobs in the world
- Granny trend: grey hair
- 10 year old makes $60,000 with lemonade
- Fast ways to lose weight
- 1 shirt can be worn 24 different ways
- Could not ask for a better babysitter
- 6 Beauty products to store in the fridge
- 7 Things you should clean a little more often
- 20 examples of extraordinary hotel towel art
- Truth or drink: awkward couples game
- Grandpa helps grandson to get dates
- A betraying bird from North Carolina
- Cute Red Pandas playing in the snow
- What to do when you’re homesick
- Awkward pregnancy photoshoots
- France fights against ultra-thin models!
- These things are bad for our skin
- 10 breathtaking baby pictures
- Little kids literally sleep anywhere
- Things cat owners do understand
- Pets fighting your furniture
- Puppy on adventure
- Serious quotes & how to make them ridiculous
- Boy Tattoos McDonalds receipt on his arm
- 10 Tips for your beachy summer
- Painfully Funny Autocorrect Mistakes
- Fattest Woman in the World
- True Cat Love
- 10x veggies with almost no calories
- Men with sexy tattoos
- Widow pays christmas dinner for 50 strangers
- Coolest granny in the world
- 10 reasons why we want a kitten for Christmas
- Pimped Mugs for Christmas